Johannes Grenzfurthner is an artist, filmmaker, author, curator and founder of the art and theory group monochrom.
He has a teaching position for communication guerrilla at the Art University Linz and for art theory at the Leuphana University in Lüneburg.
– He is the director of the Ass Elektronika festival (theme: sex and technology) in San Francisco,
– Organizer of the “Hedonistika” (subject: food and technology) in Montréal and Tel Aviv,
– Co-organizer of Roboexotica (cocktail robotics).
– His first feature film was the agitprop grotesque “Die Gstettensaga: The Rise of Echsenfriedl” (2014).
– His first documentaries were “Traceroute” (2016) and “Glossary of Broken Dreams” (2018).
– He is currently working on his feature films “Je Suis Auto” and “Masking Threshold”.
– He gave lectures at: SXSWi, O’Reilly ETech, FooCamp, Maker Faire, HOPE, Chaos Communication Congress, Google (Tech Talks), ROFLCon, Ars Electronica, Transmediale, Influencers, Biennale Sao Paulo, Mozilla Drumbeat Barcelona, Columbia University , Carnegie Mellon University.
– He or his projects have already been published in the New York Times, Liberation, Spiegel, San Francisco Chronicle, CNN, Playboy, Reuters, Slashdot, Boing Boing, New Scientist, The Edge, LA Times, NPR, ZDF, Gizmodo, io9, Wired , Süddeutsche Zeitung, CNet or the Toronto Star reported.